There is a new book out in September 2020 by Daniel Yergin. As some of you know, he is the author of The Prize (which won a Pulitzer Prize) and The Quest, both of which are essential reading for anyone seeking an understanding of the history and nature of the oil and gas industry. The new book is entitled: The New Map: Energy, Climate, and the Clash of Nations, and will no doubt be just as interesting as his previous books.
Some of the points he addresses in the new book are:
- the future of the shale boom
- the evolution of interest in climate change and its impact on the oil and gas industry
- the future of electric and autonomous vehicles
- the geopolitical impact of oil and gas production
- the long term effects of the covid virus on oil and gas demand
Another interesting read for anyone interested in the future of the oil and gas industry.